- Greek yogurt (I have heard that you can find this in the grocery stores back home, it is called double strained I think)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large cucumber OR 2 small cucumbers
- Dill finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar (I dont use this, but the recipe actually does call for it.)
- Oregano and Basil (optional)
- Grate cucumber(s) into a mixing bowl.
- Grate the garlic into the mixing bowl.
- Add the dill and then yogurt into the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the olive oil and vinegar, mix well.
- Add the Oregano and Basil - as liberally as you like - again mix well.
- Chill in the fridge for 5 minutes before eating\serving.
It goes with everything. I would say that if you are having people over make this and stick it out with some french bread and potatoe chips.
(It tastes good on meatloaf!)