Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TB and the Farmer's Market

To give you a land mark of where I live in Athens. We are about a 10 minutes walk behind the old stadium.





(Above: The bathroom. The shower that the first night only gave cold water, but now works. And out toilet that we cant flush toilet paper down, it isnt in the picture but we have to throw it away in a trash bin, ick.)


(Left:T The fruits and veggies I got at the farmers market. I bought all that plus a little more for 3 euro ($4.50 approx.)









(Above: My kitchen. It is a good size and if the picture were slightly larger you would see the fridge in the upper right hand corner.)

(Left: My third of the triple. I know it looks messy but I was still unpacking... although I dont know if it looks better now.)



So this morning I went to the hospital to get my TB test that is mandatory for my resident visa. Afterwards, i went out to lunch with my group and ate a sandwhich with ham, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and mayo (it was really good). Then the injection site became sore, red and slightly puffed up. So Maria (one of the staff) took me to the pharmacy and he said that I was having a slight allergic reaction to the tomatoes most likely. So that was good. But then tonight I forgot not to eat tomatoes for dinner, and it is hurting again. : (



No comments:

Post a Comment